QiYoga for Seniors
Why QiYoga is ideal for Seniors Yoga
Beginning a yoga practice as an older adult can be intimidating, especially if you’re out of shape or haven’t exercised for some time. Yoga is effective in keeping the mind and body in good health and if you’re thinking about starting a yoga practice joining a QiYoga class is the perfect introduction to yoga for you.
QiYoga instructors are mindful of individual unique needs. Although classes are in a group setting, individual attention and support is given.
You are never TOO old for yoga.
Yoga is non-competitive and poses can be modified to meet each person’s individual needs. You may never be able to bend yourself into a pretzel, but you can still experience the benefits of yoga.
Jen ensures that you work to your own body’s uniqueness and she takes care of your needs.
All Jen’s classes are gentle on your joints
There are many benefits to seniors yoga.
What yoga can do for your health –
- Improved sleep, due to the chi-gung
- Decrease pain from arthritis and other conditions related to joint inflammation
- Minimises blood pressure as the asanas (postures), breath work and meditation have shown to reduce stress and lower blood pressure therefore reducing the rise of stroke and heart disease
- Improves posture
- Improves breathing therefore developing better lung function in turn supplying more oxygen in the blood leading to improved functioning throughout the body
- Being an excellent low-impact exercise
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Improves circulation of blood and lymphatic system helping to eliminate toxins and strengthen the immune system
- Assists with menopausal discomfort
- Strengthens bones, decreasing the risk of osteoporosis
- Helps keep the mind sharp
- Improves balance, body awareness, concentration and co-ordination thereby reducing the rise of falls and fractures
- Boosts mood
QiYoga classes offer the best form of exercise
for overworked neglected or damaged bodies
in a safe and caring environment.
Can’t make it to QiYoga for Seniors Classes?
If you can’t make it to QiYoga for Seniors Classes then you can get the DVD here